Friday 18 July 2008

Hi folks!

Just dropping in to say that I am still here. I have been away on holiday and 2 weeks in the Maritimes with the boys and the Husband was a wonderful tonic. We had a fantastic time with beautiful weather and, as always, terrifically friendly people. And I didn't cry once. But I did eat a lot of ice cream (you can't see an ice-cream called Brownies on the Moon and not try it, can you? And by "try" of course, I mean "eat three nights in a row")

I have dipped a toe into going back to work and it wasn't very good, I am afraid so I still need to work out what I am going to do there, but I am sure Husband and I will sort it out between us. In the meantime I can still raise a smile with memories of the holiday, especially Second Born, aged 8, going through airport security. Being searched after the scanner had gone off, he was asked what he had in his pocket:

"An eyeball" he replied. Of course. Silly question, really.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Loth,

    Hope you have come back from a great holiday + feeling happier than you were in June. Love the "eyeball to delcare" at Customs!

    Best wishes,
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK. I MISSED YOU! I knew you were on vacation, and I hoped it would be wonderfulfor you. I SO want to go there someday. Try not to worry about work. It will be there when you're ready. Really, it will. And ANY ice cream is good ice cream. I LOVVVVVE ice cream in the summer. ANY flavor!
    Coffeedog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are back. Yeah the ice cream would be hard to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello stranger :-)

    Did you bring us all a stick of rock?

    ReplyDelete