I was tagged for this by Mummy Dearest who kindly thought I might appreciate a hand out of the Slough of Non-blogging-ness. As indeed I do. Basically she is looking for 15 things: Facts, Goals and Random. Here goes.
1. Fact - I used to be pretty fluent in both French and German. Now I am not. This is a great waste which I regret, hugely. We used to get French and German TV on cable and watching "Star Trek" dubbed into German was great fun.
2. Goal - Dull boring one, I want to lose the
3. Random - my cat doesn't meow. She squeaks. We think she thinks that's how people talk and she is trying to humour us.
4. Fact - I spent some time in Saudi Arabia when I was growing up. Glad I got the chance to see the place, never really want to see it again.
5. Goal - I want to go up in a hot air balloon one day. I am not great with unsecured heights, by which I mean I am fine on top of the CN tower where I know I can't fall off but you won't catch me standing anywhere near the edge of a cliff, so I might freak out just a bit, but I still really want to do it.
6. Random - I cannot stand the sound of someone using sandpaper or a stiff scrubbing brush - they both sound the same to me and the noise sets my teeth on edge. This is not, as my husband may have suspected in the past, a way of getting out of sanding down walls prior to decorating. It just happens to have that unforeseen and fortunate side effect.
7. Fact - I don't like eating meat or poultry off the bone - stuff like chicken drumsticks - it's just too carniverous for me. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat meat. As long as someone else has done the hard work. I am a scruple-free lazy carnivore.
8. Goal - I would like to figure out what I want to do for a living when I grow up. Before I, you know, retire.
9. Random - I have very little sense of smell. I am a bad person to have around if there is a gas leak.
10. Fact - I have the world's worst memory for faces. If I have ever met you in person, the next time I see you, I will probably walk right past you, particularly if I meet you out of context. At best, I will know that I know you from somewhere but will be unable to recall where. You could easily be a former client, a relative, someone who once served me in a sandwich shop or a bit part actor in Eastenders. Well that last one is a lie, actually, as I don't watch Eastenders.
11. Goal - to improve my memory (see 10)
12. Random - I hate anyone touching my feet. Seriously, want to torture me? Book me a pedicure.
13. Fact - I spent 5 years at secondary school never going to the toilet (at least during school hours). For anyone who was a "snob" (ie good at schoolwork) the toilets were dangerous places to go, so I learned not to go. Sixth year was ok - prefects had their own toilet and EVERYONE in sixth year was a prefect - not many of us made it that far!
14. Goal - I want to see my children grown up, happy and settled. Or if they are not settled, for that to be their choice (eg they are exploring the depths of the Amazon rainforest. Or space. Or engaged in world lecture tours after accepting their Nobel Prizes.)
15. Random - I wish I could learn to be less neurotic socially. I always fret and worry when in company that I am boring the pants off the people I am with. I am pathetically poor at social interaction - if I attend a function where people are circulating and chatting (as I sometimes have to for work), I nearly always end up clutching a drink as if it were a lifebelt, hovering on the fringes, too scared to join in a conversation. Like I said, pathetic really.
Well, having got that off my chest I tag anyone who is in need of blog fodder. Go to it.