Tuesday 17 April 2012

Very easily pleased

Look!

Peas! They survived the frost and sleet and are happily thriving in our bunny-proof nursery. I reckon the seedlings are about 2 inches tall now, which makes them about an inch or so taller than any of the peas we planted last year. We are now indulging in fantasies of lush, verdant pots full of pea plants groaning with pods. Drool............

We have also (rather cheekily) popped some more pots at the end of our garden, bordering the farmer's field. It's a nice sunny spot, as you can see, and we are hoping to bring on some more varieties of seedlings down here - cauliflower, cabbage and parsnips to start with. That twiggy tree just starting to come into leaf on the left of shot is an elder from which we hope to make gallons more elderberry cordial come autumn.

And then Husband stumbled upon a squatter lurking in the undergrowth. I must confess, I find his/her gaze rather disturbing.

I am The Master. You will obey ME!

1 comment:

  1. I recall one year when my peas looked massively wonderful, green shiny and lush. But, I was getting very few pods on them. Behind an electric fence, so what was eating them?
    I finally spotted my daughters, one morning, out in the garden scarfing them down raw.
    The cat needs to be lurking below a fuscia bush or something equally vivid. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete