Monday 3 September 2007

What was I thinking?

Um. I appear to have agreed to run the 2008 Bupa Great Edinburgh Run. In my defence, I was caught on the hop. One minute I was discussing the payment of a tax bill with the cashier in my office and the next minute.....I was saying "Yeah, sure, that would be fun!" in response to the question "How would you like to humiliate yourself in public and leave yourself unable to walk or get out of a chair without assistance?" Well, she didn't phrase it like that (I might have twigged quicker if she had) but that's really what the question meant.

I initially came off the phone thinking "It's only 10km, it's not till next May so I have time to prepare, it'll be fine". Then I looked at the route of the run on the web. And then I died. You have to run along Princes Street (people! watching me run!) and up the Mound (people watching me expiring on a hill!) AND THEN round a bit of Holyrood Park (another hill and I ran that one in the Race for Life and it is HARD!) and you're still not finished! Eek!

I think I had better get training. Or change my name and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment