Wednesday 19 March 2008

Not sure what on earth to call this one....

I was out late at a meeting last night so husband and boys were left to their own devices for a while. After a session on the Wii (My Sims this time rather than tennis) the boys went to bed and husband joined them in their room for a chat in the dark (as he often does). I arrived home at this point and popped in to say goodnight, to be told that First Born has decided to become a ventriloquist and all three have been practising their skills. Which they then proceeded to demonstrate.

Ventriloquism in the dark. It's right up there with magic on the radio.

I was also informed that earlier Second Born had been discussing the subject of epitaphs, and specifically Spike Milligan's gravestone which bears the legend "I told you I was ill". Second Born thought about this and declared that he wants his gravestone to read "It smells funny down here".

And as a PS, after a few enquiries as to whether I was looking for sponsorship for the race in May, I have decided to run in aid of Children 1st. It just seemed a waste not to take advantage of all that effort for a good cause. For those of you who don't know the charity, it was formerly known as The Royal Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. It works to prevent abuse and neglect of vulnerable children right here in Scotland. You can get an idea of what they do here. I don't know about you, but once I had children of my own I became acutely sensitive to any form of abuse, neglect or cruelty to children anywhere. News reports of famines or children strapped to beds in orphanages had always touched me but nowadays they completely reduce me to tears. So, a children's charity it is. There is a widget-y link thing to our page (I say "our" because of course Second Born is running too) on the sidebar for anyone interested.

2 comments:

  1. You need to take the kids to Boot Hill Cemetery in Tombstone, Arizona. Great tombstones there!

    "Here lies Lester More, Four slugs from a 44, No Less, no more!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It smells funny down here."
    That's hilarious!
    What a smart kid!

    ReplyDelete