Tuesday 15 February 2011

Nearly there....

Back from our longest stint yet at The Corbies - 4 whole days and nights. The cottage is nearly finished now - we have carpets, furniture and even beds. No plates and pots to speak of yet, but that's the next thing on the list. When I have more time, I will regale you with tales of how we got a couch that measures a minimum of 30" in each direction through several doorways that measure only 28" wide. (It involved my sister-in-law having to crawl into the house UNDER the couch as three of us held it at an interesting angle). I tell you, if you ever want to move large furniture into an awkwardly small cottage, let me know and I'll ask SIL to lend you her partner. The man is a spatial reasoning genius.

Anyway, more updates and some photos soon. Promise.

PS Found a deep shiny purple toaster in the Argos catalogue. Am seriously tempted.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely to the toaster! I favor purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple toaster - sounds just right.
    My nightmare is pianos and stairs with two landings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple kitchen stuff!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for revealing this super valuable resource!


    Gym Questionnaire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only if you butter the toast the very moment that it pops from the purple toaster. *ducks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you got a garden?? Where you can GROW stuff?

    ReplyDelete